Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About This Blog . . .

Part of what I hope to share through this blog is my personal view of the world . . . where I live and love to travel . . . through words and photos (the combination supporting one another). My camera tends to go with me wherever I go as I look for daily gifts of spirit offerings in the mudane . . . from a dew drop, first bloom or tiny insect to grand landscapes right in my very own back yard or upon distant shores. More often than not my photographic work is of the natural environment . . . things that make my happy little Pagan~EarthSteward heart sing . . . moments captured and made more endearing by being able to share them with others (that would be you ;-D)

A goal I am setting for myself is to keep from over posting . . . that is to say I am trying to not post 20 similar photos all at once . . . I have such a hard time selecting which ones to share that I would flood a page or post with images just to get them all out there. I wish to be more selective . . . letting a photo speak up and words flow.

As for the title of this blog "Craiddyllad Cysgod Cannid" . . . Craiddyllad is my own personal version of Creiddylad, a Goddess of the Mabinogi who is slowly revealing herself to me and in time I am sure I will come to share more about her here. As for the Cysgod Cannid part . . . well . . . to most of my friends, Sisters and even family I am known by the nick name of Raven. It is a name that has been with me for a good many years, but I had not fully worn it until recent years. I am still working out how it fits on me and 'why', but about two years ago I was working through some Imramma experiences and I had a situation with a play on words . . . "Bright Shadow" . . . it represented illuminating one's shadows . . . and working on a Welsh based path with the Sisterhood of Avalon I sought out the vocabulry to reflect this porcess of illuminating one's shadows . . . Cysgod Cannaid is what I came up with at the time. It was close but not quite right yet. It was through workings of this past Gwyl Mair that I 'received' the correction . . . it was CannId not CannAId . . . funny how just a letter can make a difference. I went from Shadow Bright/White/Illuminated to "Shadow One Whitened" . . . seeing this translation finally struck the right chord for me! In selecting a 'special' name for myself I have always had a difficult time. Maybe Branwen (White Raven) is fitting, but somehow it does not feel complete for me . . . so I am happy enough with a nick name . . . Raven . . . while I further explore the inner landscape to bring to light my WHOLE self.

The combination of self expression through photography and writing as well as spiritual explorations of my inner realms and how it relates to outer world . . . that is basically what this blog is all about. Hope you enjoy the journey with me.

Bendithion,
"Raven"

No comments:

Post a Comment