Thursday, December 23, 2010

Winter Solstice Eclipse 2010

Winter Solstice Eclipse 2010
Red Rocks Amphitheater, Colorado
December 20 - 21, 2010
by Dawn NicDarrah

My family and I braved the cold (with layers and blankets ;-D) to observe the Winter Solstice Full Lunar Eclipse at the Red Rocks Amphitheater here in Colorado . . . I have one less than perfect photo of Ship Rock lit from below with artificial lights and the blurry lights of the constellation Orion just above it (which was just beneath the Full moon phasing into eclipse) . . . I am debating on sharing it too since Orion is my guiding constellation! Overall it was a wonderful evening . . . like the Leonid Meteor Storms (back in 2000 and 2001), it was a celestial celebration we didn't want to miss and enjoying it with family made it all the more pleasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment